Introduction

Hi everyone!
My name is Anh-Thi and I am a rising sophmore/ public health science major. I like sushi, baked goods, SNL, and TV sitcoms. Last semester, I took an introductory public health class where I was able to learn about health disparities as a result of inequalities in food resources. I learned that this problem is faced especially in urban area "food deserts", where lower income residents often don't have close access to healthy and affordable food, resulting in higher levels of diseases such as diabetes. My experience in this class sparked my interest in food justice, and I'm so excited to learn more about the history and developments of food justice in Boston. I look forward to doing community service with our partners, getting hands on experience with growing sustainable food, and seeing the food system firsthand. I am also really excited to get to know everyone better!!

Comments

Popular Posts